Calling all you fashion junkies! Or those of you looking for a little trend guidance.
I have always had a special knack for looking for or being one of the first to wear upcoming trends. Call it a weird Spidey-sense. Sometimes it has been really challenging to fulfill my fashion itch because of a lack of inventory or an inability to find that “just right piece”, even with the far-reaching internet retail world. (I still haven’t found a pair of overalls I really like. I’ve almost given up hope.)
Now that I have the zero fucks given mentality and a higher level of body confidence I follow my own fashion rules. If I see a piece and like it. If it fits well and is on budget. Then big score for me. I no longer concern myself with the real or faux world social expectations or rules of how a 40 year old woman should dress. It is fabulously empowering to live with this new mindset.
Onward to my predicted fashion trends for Spring 2020:
- Snakeskin print is the new hot animal print.
- We are hardcore reliving our best 90’s trends. Think babydoll dresses with T’s underneath. Cropped baby tees, square neck everything, wide leg pants, flares and baby doll blouses. 90’s stripes that I think resemble Sesame Street’s Bert and Ernie. 90’s florals like sunflowers and wildflowers. Tie-dye, old 90’s concert band tees. Bicycle shorts, bodysuits and stonewash. Yes, I predicted stonewash to make a comeback. Stonewash has been slowly and steadily infiltrating jean washes. Though that is one trend I won’t be repeating. (I may have to eat my words. I also said that about leggings and onesies/rompers).
- Tube tops with straight or bandana style bottoms
- Crochet everything
- One shoulder tops
- Flouncy tops
- Wrap tops
- Cutesy socks with ruffles or embellishments
- Fishnet socks (Europe had this trend on point a year ago already!)
- Puff sleeves
- Oranges, reds, pinks and beigey browns
- Pink and red color combinations
- Slip dresses
- Block heels,
- Thin strappy sandals with a square toe box
- Thick sole platforms
- Wrap sandals
- Thong style heels
- Sling bags
- Neon and sherbet brights
- Metallics and bling accents
- Iridescent and clear accessories
These are my predictions for our upcoming fashion trends. What are you feeling for spring? Happy trend hunting!